Sunday, April 24

Worn Out!

*Yawn*

I am so worn out.

Not from today, I guess. I've not done much of anything today. I mean, I studied for Anthropology some. But other than that, I've just sat here in a daze.

Yesterday was Rory's birthday. Bradley and I took her out to get scrubbed clean. Rory enjoyed that. And then, Bradley and I noticed that the Vintage Books place, that we always talk about going in but haven't done so yet, was open! So, we pulled in and went perusing among the thousands of books that were there for our perusal.

Now, not all the books were vintage per se. They weren't all a million years old. But they were all second-hand. I found three great ones: Angela's Ashes (in hardback!), Peter Pan, and A Wrinkle in Time. There were also a lot of old leather bound editions of various books.

It was awesome. I was squealing and acting all retarded. But I couldn't help it. Book-homes such as that store excite me beyond belief!

Then, we headed for Lake Dardanelle. We were going to study. And enjoy the scenery.

Studying turned into a three hour extravaganza search for seashells along the water's edge. We found a lot of pretty ones.

Then, we decided to walk along this jetty or whathaveyou (this long path that went out into the water). We were just enjoying the walk when Bradley squeals! Bradley hardly ever squeals! But she squealed. And she goes, "Look!" And there were two Canadian geese (very beautiful)! One was lying down very close to our walkway and the other was closer to the water. They both looked at us menacingly. We were sore afraid. But we kept on walking and viewed the rest of the walking trail.

We head back to Rory, and as we pass by the Canadian geese, the one who is lying down looks at us so evilly! I always thought Canadian geese were pretty. But I never want one to be that close to me ever again!

It was madness, I tell you. Madness.

No comments: