Tuesday, April 12

Discrimination!

According to last night's episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, there is a new form of discrimination that is on the rise.

And this time, I just might be a target.

Apparently, a city in Florida is beginning to segregate the businesses. Any type of tattoo parlor must be functioning in a certain area away from the main part of the city.

It doesn't stop there, folks.

Those with tattoos have skin that is no longer skin-colored in one area. Thus, these people are being referred to as "people of color."

I guess that makes me one of them. I do have a tattoo. And at the spot where the tattoo is, my skin is no longer skin-colored. Technically, I am a person "of color."

I don't know how far this discrimination has gone. Has it reached the national level? Should I be worried? Will I become ostracized because my skin is a different color than normal? And what is normal, anyway? Who can say what the normal skin color is? Is there a specific person who has a specific job of going around and analyzing whether or not your skin color is normal?

I think I will have to organize a march on Washington.

Of course, that depends on Rory, who has leaked a foot long line of oil since early this morning when the rain stopped. It's like... a flock of seagulls. It's all I can say about Rory.

And the discrimination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is something for the naysayers to ponder... Interesting, no?

http://www.inksling.com/tattoos_and_religion.htm

Unknown said...

makes me want to get a tatoo on my FACE!!!
nice blog!
Thanks

peace;
bodhi