Tuesday, May 3

Mission Responsible

No. That's not the new name of the Mission Impossible film. It's a song, by Michael Tolcher. And I love it. Whenever I feel like I don't have it in me to keep on going in school, this song kicks me back into gear. So, I'm sharing the lyrics. *nods*

Be a part of an institution, lead the way in a revolution
wear a wig and a permanent smile
Be a part of a celebration, make the plan or the cancellation
Quick decisions -- let's change our minds

There's people out there, and it's people we are
Just faces from different places
Drinking juice from mason jars

I'm on a mission responisible, say your goodbyes

Be a father of no relation, be a symbol of procreation
Strike a match and there's sure to be fire
Be a part of your situation
Blame yourself for your frustration
Dig a hole till you lose your desire

There's people out there, and it's people we are
Just names playing different games
Drinking coke and eating candy bars

I'm on a mission responsible, say your goodbyes
I'm finding anything's possible, closing your eyes

Be a part of your own decision
See your future with tunnel vision
Take a chance if you want to survive
Be the talk of a conversation
you're a superstar out of isolation
Get the keys, it's your turn to drive

Well, there's people out there, and it's people we are
Just voices with different choices
smoking dope and rockin' out guitars

Take a look all around you
Say that you want to
See something better than this

I'm on a mission responsible, say your goodbyes
I'm finding anything's possible, closing your eyes


Note: I do not encourage the smoking of dope or any substance you wouldn't normally find in one's body.

No comments: