Saturday, February 19

Scaring People at Wal-Mart

Okay. I realize that I've already posted once today, but I really should have waited until after our Wal-Mart excursion.

Today, I have taken to wearing my favorite green belt as a tie. I don't know why I decided to wear it that way (earlier in the day, I was wearing it as a head band). I usually don't wear it at all. It just sits, lonely and green, in my closet. But anyway, I wore it as a tie to Wal-Mart. Now, it did garner some weird looks. But not as weird as....

....when I put on this incredibly bright blue newsboy cap. Then, the looks started coming. When I continued wearing the hat around the store, waving and saying "Hello!" to anyone who looked at me strangely, the looks got even more weirder. I offered a few comments to passersby on my appearance, such as "Do I look like I could fit in with the Village People?" and "Does this hat match my outfit?"

Of course, the hat didn't match what I was wearing. When does anything I wear match?

Before the blue hat event, this Mexican guy kissed in my face. Like, he passed me, turned his head and blew a kiss right in my face. I don't... no no no. So, I quickly moved to another aisle. On this aisle, I am bombarded by a child, who has clearly not taken his Ritalin today, telling me all the exciting ways to explode a vehicle on some video game.

Despite the crazies, I found Reality Bites, which is one of the best movies to watch. It's a good film, with a good message: just because you have a college degree, you're not guaranteed a career.

No comments: