Sunday, September 13

23 Things: Thing 6

Today, I played around with two online image generators: Big Huge Labs and Image Chef.

With Big Huge Labs, I was able to create a trading card of myself. I didn't really know what kind of stats I should put on a trading card (never been much into trading cards except for The Little Mermaid cards I had waaaaaaaaay back in the day), so the card description is severely lacking.



With Image Chef, I was presented with a wide variety of things to do with images. I chose to do a Word Mosaic, something I think would make a cool decoration for the teen area of the library where I currently work. I chose some 23 Things relevant words.



Image generators like Word Mosaic @ Image Chef allow librarians and information professionals to try and use online applications to spice up advertisements and other flyers/hand-outs. I really think some of the applications at Image Chef would be put to good use in a teen library setting, either with decoration or as an activity or contest that the teens could enter utilizing the site.

No comments: