Monday, September 28

23 Things: Thing 14

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's LibraryThing!!

So, what is LibraryThing? It is a site that lets users create online catalogs of their own collections as well as browse the online collections of others. I've played around on LibraryThing before, but today I made an account. I don't have a large collection of books I own, but I have read a lot of books. Additionally, I love books and would like to own more. But I often have trouble keeping track of which books I own and which books I completely love. I think LibraryThing will allow me to find a more diverse selection of books and perhaps find books that I will greatly enjoy. I've been told that I'm a book snob, which is probably true as I have a hard time finding books that I completely adore. And once I find a book that I adore, I have the urge to shout its greatness from every rooftop. It looks like LibraryThing will give me an outlet to do just that without annoying everyone around me.

I toyed with a slightly similar yet inferior (in my opinion) service called Shelfari. My account there has languished and is not up to date. I hope that doesn't happen with LibraryThing.

No comments: