Monday, September 28

23 Things: Thing 13

The summer I lived in Plano, I customized an iGoogle home page and used it all the time. Well, it was my home page, so I saw it every time I used the internet. After I moved back, I didn't really use the iGoogle page that much. However, it is still active. I logged in, tweaked a few things, and ta-da! Back in business.

iGoogle is an online productivity tool aimed at, well, increasing productivity. As a home page, it can be customized to include all kinds of things. For example, my page has my Google Reader RSS feed, weather updates, CNN.com news stories, and the like. And I can access my Google home page from anywhere. I don't know that I will make the customized iGoogle my formal home page. I'm quite partial to starting the day with a healthy dose of CNN. However, I can see the usefulness because I can incorporate CNN into the home page and all the other information I find pertinent.

I looked into the calendar site 30 Boxes. I don't really care for online or computerized calendars. They're okay and probably work for some individuals, but I prefer a good ol' planner to map out my assignments and bill due dates. And most of the time, I don't even need the actual calendar because I remember dates pretty well. I may not know what exactly is due on October 13th, but I know that I have two small papers due on that date.

No comments: