Tuesday, September 8

23 Things: Thing 5

Thing 5 asked me to further explore Flickr, more specifically at applications that allow users to create mash-ups using Flickr images. I chose to spell with Flickr. The application asked me to enter in a word and, in turn, the application searched through Flickr and found images to match each individual letter.

B O Letter T letter o N

I chose the word Boston, for obvious reasons (to those who know me). What is even cooler (if that is possible) is that a person can choose the particular image he or she likes best. For example, if a person didn't like the B, he or she could click on the letter and another image would replace it. A person could spend hours doing this.

I think applications like the one I used are extremely creative and incredibly neat. There were a few other options that I will probably explore later (choosing pictures of a particular color, creating puzzles from images, etc). I think these tools will come in handy when designing displays or programming materials at the library. The applications allow me to kind of think outside of the box and choose an eye-catching way to relay information about events, books, and the like.

No comments: