Sunday, September 6

23 Things: Thing 3

Thing 3 involves exploring RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds. I set up my own RSS hub using Google Reader. I can now keep up with many sites by only opening up a single window!

After having a little trouble setting up the RSS feeds (which was my fault entirely; I tend to over-think things), I am on my way to staying more informed. I really like that I can keep up with a number of sites at one location. I have feeds from CNN, Mental Floss, LibraryThing, and blogs of classmates who are also completing the 23 Things.

As someone who often finds time slipping away (between household chores, graduate school, and work), I think that this technology will help me stay more organized when it comes to browsing my daily sites. I will no longer have to click on a million bookmarks and wait for every page to load in order to see if the page has been updated recently. RSS feeds enable me to use the Reader to steamline my daily information needs.

No comments: