Monday, July 11

Are You Asleep?

Did you know that if your house doesn't have a garage, it's not really a respectable home?

Or so I hear.

* * *

The girl I'm rooming with comes in just seconds before "room-check" last night. I'm nearly half zombie because I haven't been sleeping well and I'm waiting for her to get her butt in the room. She's the only camper that I have to watch and "room-check".

The lights are out in the room. As she walks in, I say, "Make sure you're at least on the dorm floor by 10:45."

She says, "Okay." Then, she pauses. "Are you asleep?"

Not just yet. I mean, I just sat up in bed when you came in the door and reminded you that you're supposed to be on this floor by 10:45 p.m. So, unless I'm narcoleptic and not aware of my narcolepsy, I don't believe I'm asleep just yet.

Kids.

* * *

So, I've gotten teased all day for being "twitterpated." In fact, the teaser tells me that I'm "more than a little twitterpated." He think it's great fun to tease me mercilessly.

And then, he'll stop. He waits quietly, letting my mind forget that he's been teasing me. After a few minutes, he starts back up again.

Oh, geez.

1 comment:

KenMcphail said...

So, garage huh? Guess we are both screwed then huh :-P Does barns count? I have two...

ps:
Not asleep yet, just winding down...Please find a better job than I did...