Sunday, January 30

Blech.

"Get refreshed... Have a die coke with ime."

Just one of the many wonderful sayings the local Sonic is advertising. And the sad thing is, that saying has been up there for five days. No one has fixed it yet. It's just insane.

While I was forced to sit up half the night due to my acid reflux, I was treated to reruns of the Ashlee Simpson show. And that's when I realized it... I could be Ashlee's clone. Just think about it. There are some creepy similarities. Like....
  1. Ashlee dyed her hair from blonde to something way darker. I dyed my hair from blonde to something way darker.
  2. Ashlee often paints her fingernails black. I often paint my fingernails black.
  3. Ashlee's singing ability is debatable. My singing ability is debatable.
  4. Ashlee has acid reflux disease. I have acid reflux disease.

Of course, I should be thankful that while I routinely embarrass myself in public, I have yet to embarrass myself on national television, let alone on the fabulous Saturday Night Live.

Not being able to sleep because your stomach acid is ruining your esophageal lining does have its benefits. Because I was not able to sleep, I got to catch Zack Galfianakis on Comedy Central Presents. I'm an old fan of Zack's(and sorry to you if I have completely butchered the spelling of your name). I first saw him on VH1's Late World with Zack. And let me tell you, those were the days. But anyway, he said quite a few hilarious things this morning. I will leave you with one of them.

"How come when a girl says, 'I'm going out to brunch with my girlfriend', no one says anything about it. But the moment I say, 'Me and my boyfriend are going shopping for fanny packs', people automatically assume I'm a gay?"

No comments: