Tuesday, January 18

Hooked On Phonics

... didn't work for this guy. He mistakenly pointed out a Blimpie sandwich as a Subway sandwich in the elevator. Then, he turns to me and says, "Hooked On Phonics didn't help sh**."

For some reason, I found that more than a little amusing. I must be hard up for entertainment.

So, here I am, in our billion dollar library on campus. And it's so quiet. All anyone can hear is the clack of keys and the slight scrape of books being pulled off the shelves. And this keyboard I'm using sucks. Maybe it's because it's a Dell or it's overused. I don't know. The keys stick in the weirdest places. My laptop still doesn't work. I'm hoping to find an answer here in the library before I go to work.

I wrote a pitiful note last night to my refrigerator begging it to help my computer. How can the refrigerator help my computer? I've lost my mind over this computer issue, and it's only been 24 hours!

Oh, I am so distraught. It's terribly sad when your best friend in the world is your laptop. I've poured my hopes and dreams into that thing.... and now they're gone! Gone, gone, gone! My beloved computer is nothing more than a dream killer!

On the upside, American Government is proving to be a fun class, despite it's early start. I feel relatively popular, seeing as how I know many of the people in that class, including two of my previous room-mates/ suite-mates.

Having class with people you never really liked in the first place. Oh, joy.

No comments: