Wednesday, October 21

Talented! (Or tk's Stupid Human Trick)

I have come to the conclusion that I have one undeniable talent. This talent is so awesome that I should take it on the road, show it off, and charge people oodles of money to view it. Or hear it, as it were.

The talent is this: I have the uncanny knack of making up words to songs. Combine that with my ability to sing (off-key!) and it is miraculous! Often, I don't even have to stop to think up words. They just flow out of my mouth and into the melody.

For example, today, I totally made up a song about this cut in the cuticle area of my finger to the tune of Josh Groban's "To Where You Are." This is just one of many examples, mind you.

A few weeks ago, I made up a song for Baby AC (from her point-of-view) to the tune of Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues." It went a little something like this:
I hear that mama coming
She's coming down the road
She's coming to pick me up
And take me back home

There were several other verses at the time, but I can't remember them. This new talent further validates my need for some kind of portable audio recorder device. I'm always having great ideas (story ideas, work ideas) and I try to write them down in my notebook, but I forget about the ideas about two minutes later. I probably wouldn't listen to the recordings once I recorded them anyway.

If I could play some sort of instrument, I'd probably make an awesome advertisement-maker-upper. I could make up jingles like Uncle Jesse and Joey from Full House. And apparently, it's a very lucrative career -- Charlie from Two and a Half Men lives in a huge house and employs a maid!

Anyhow. This now concludes the obligatory yearly midnight ramble.

No comments: