Monday, December 21

Mystery Contained in an Envelope

Many years ago (probably my senior year in high school or 2003), I wrote myself a letter. Then, I sealed the letter in an envelope and threw it in a huge Gateway box filled with various items from my childhood and teen years. I forgot about the letter.

Nearly two years ago, I went through the large box and kept only the most essential items. While doing this, I found the letter. The letter is addressed to me and instructs me to not open it until January 1, 2010. I moved the letter to the top drawer of my chest of drawers.

For a year and a half, the envelope has stared at me and taunted me every time I opened the top drawer. It begs to be opened, but I've been good. I've not opened it yet. And in less than 10 days, I can finally open it.

I have no idea what the letter says. I'm assuming that it says something about being a journalist, as that was the plan in high school. I'm really excited to read the letter and interested in knowing what high school me wrote for future (now) me.

I really can't wait to read this letter.

No comments: