Saturday, October 3

23 Things: Thing 21

Did you know that there are other social networking sites? I've visited a few sites (like last.fm and Imeem), but didn't realize they were social networking sites until today. I am a member of Imeem, but I seriously just go there for the music. I've never interacted with anyone.

And yes, I realize I'm antisocial. Probably why no one wanted to talk to me on Puzzle Pirates when I attempted to start a conversation or two. ;)

Of the social networking sites I perused today, two seemed interesting: 43 Things and WebJunction. I tried to list 43 things that I wanted to do with my life, but I only came up with 12. I don't know if this is a reflection on my ambitions or a reflection on my sleepiness.

However, WebJunction looks most promising! The site offers online learning and discussion for library organizations throughout the world. I'd not heard of WebJunction before this exercise; however, after looking through the WebJunction site, I found out that my library does know about this service and that we utilize the Amigos Library Services quite often. In fact, I'm taking a webinar this Wednesday on going green.

No comments: