Thursday, September 22

Dead Animals = West Nile

So, there's been an increase in the amount of dead animals one sees on campus. Most of these dead animals are birds, which only backs up my theory that West Nile is running rampant on campus.

No one seems to think about moving these animals to a place where they will not be disturbed and thus, are less likely to spread the West Nile that I am sure they have.
The poor squirrel that died underneath its favorite tree laid there for almost two weeks before someone came along and moved it! Two weeks! It makes me shudder to think about it. There were probably crazy college students doing God-knows-what to the little dead squirrel.

And you can't tell me that college students don't mess with dead things. I know they do. For example, there's been a dead bird behind one of the buildings on campus. I pass this bird daily. DeadBird has been there since school began a month ago. Each day, as I pass the decomposing bird, I find that it is in a different position.

Some days, it's against the wall. Others, it is right out in the middle of the path, just waiting for some student who isn't paying attention to step on it. Some days, it's two to three feet away from where it was the day before!

These kids are seeing this bird and moving it! They're kicking it around and stuff. Who does that to something that's passed away? I bet they'd get mad if I went to a graveyard and danced a jig on a family grave.

These kids are stirring up the West Nile business. And they're kicking around this poor bird, thinking no one knows that they're kicking it around. I know! And everyone will know when they get diagnosed with the West Nile.

So, have your fun, you DeadBird-Kickers. Your time is coming.

/end of random rant

1 comment:

Astrid said...

I think your college should build an animal-cemetery with a little chapel where ceremonies can be held.