Wednesday, August 24

The Surreal Life

For some crazy reason, I found it necessary to watch a couple of episodes of VH1's Surreal Life. This isn't the first time that I've watched the show. I watched the previous season quite regularly. It was nice to see Peter Brady outside of the Brady home and over the age of 13.

Anyhow. I found myself watching the horrible season that is currently airing. Whoever thought it would be fun and clever to put Janice Dickinson and Omarosa on the same cast should be shot. Those two don't ever need to be anywhere near each other.

Dickinson claims she's the world's first supermodel. Well, ducky for her. She enjoys referring to her supermodel days as often as possible. This is very upsetting for me, as her voice sounds (to me) like nails on a chalkboard. Anyway, the "world's first supermodel" spends most of her time talking about herself, throwing herself onto others, or whining.

Usually, after one of Dickinson's whining bits, the camera switches to Omarosa, who whines and gripes about how awful Dickinson is. But it's not like Omarosa is any better. Omarosa talks about herself non-stop. There is no one else on this Earth besides Omarosa. Just because she was on The Apprentice, she's now a Hollywood It Girl, and she believes that she will have the same lasting fame as Audrey Hepburn.

One episode featured the Surreal Lifers doing a community service project. Somehow, Omarosa was the leader. But she didn't do a damn thing that I saw. She just stood around, supervising. They were supposed to be working as a team. But Omarosa has not concept of this team word.

They both make me want to scream and hurl myself out of my third-floor window. I don't believe that I will be watching any more episodes this season. I must graduate college; not drop out because some crazies on television numbed my brain and took what little sanity I have.

I'm serious. Those ladies need help. And I don't even know where one could begin to help the two of them.

It's tragic.

No comments: