Sunday, August 7

Morbidly Miserable, Morose, and Murky

I'm feeling all sorts of out of sorts.

Mostly just tired. And angry.

Work completely sucked tonight. And then, we got super busy when I was supposed to be leaving. There was supposed to be another worker there to help out, but she conveniently went on break two seconds before the rush came in. Thanks for that, dear. You're a doll. Also, said worker kept messing things up and saying, "Who knows what I did? There's no telling."

Well, somebody better be figuring something out. By the sixth time she said that in a one hour time period, I was ready to slam my head against the wall. I don't believe that would have been helpful, but still.

Security Guard decided to talk to me all the freakin' time. (Did you know that I have a gorgeous smile?) This is the same Security Guard that bowed to me several weeks ago. Like I want to listen to him yap about whatever. Then, he decides to ask this Kid who graduated with me about me. Stupid, stupid Security Guard. The Kid practically yells my name for all to hear. I turn and look at him. Security Guard flusters. The Kid continues, "Dude, she's meaaaaan. Like, she looks sweet and stuff. But no. Freakin' evil."

Damn skippy. I am evil. And I like it that way. So, don't mess with me, yo.

Security Guard better recognize and leave me the hell alone. I have only two days left, but things are going to get ugly if he doesn't stop. And for his information, there's only one security guard in the whole place who I would ever even think about dating. It's not him, that's for sure.

I found out that one of the Blackjack dealers thinks the world of me. He thinks I'm sweet and nice. And beautiful. (Bless his little heart... I've sure got him fooled!) He waited around for me last night to get off of work. But I ended up leaving early, so he waited for nothing. Apparently, he's been telling everyone that I'm all kinds of wonderful.

He always notices when I am missing from work. He asks about me every night that I'm not there (when he is there). And he seemed genuinely interested in the fact that I went to speech camp for two weeks. But I never realized that he liked me!

I guess I'm just an idiot. Or I just don't pay attention. Stuff like this has happened on more than one occasion, and I never see it coming. I'm just.... I don't know what.

Apparently, the word is that he's been trying to build up the courage to ask me out. (It seems like everyone knew about this before I did!) But now, since he found out my last day is Monday, he's trying to muster up his courage a little quicker.

I hope he doesn't ask me.

I don't feel like going out with anyone right now, even precious little Blackjack dealers. I don't want to have to tell him that, though. I don't want to have to say "No." to him. He really is precious and I don't want to upset him.

My freakin' brain skipped out on me today. I still had two hours left in my shift and my brain just clocks out. Couldn't think to save my life. I thought I was going to hurt myself. It was just horrible. Security Guard overheard me telling someone that my brain quit working. He offered his condolences. And then, he tells me that his brain usually quits working the minute he clocks in.

Well, ducky for you.

No comments: