Monday, August 8

Sneezing Dangerous Crazies

Why do I attract the craziest people on God's green Earth?

I don't know if it's supposed to be some kind of joke, but it is no longer funny, not that it was funny in the first place.

The little Blackjack Dealer who has a "thang" for me found out that I know about his "thang" for me. He blew up at my co-workers last night. Like, crazy behavior that shocked several people. He never acts like that. He's so mild-mannered and nice to everyone. And then, he flips out because someone told me that he likes me!

One more night left. I hope nothing else happens. Tonight's shift was just one big drama after another. We weren't even all that busy. We just kept having one crisis pop up before we had the previous crisis handled.

If I was a drinker, I'd have gotten rip-roarin' drunk these last three nights. But I'm not a drinker. So, there's no point in the rip-roarin' business.

* * *

Did you know that each time you sneeze, your heart stops? It has been said that sneezing is the closest to death one can get without actually dying. Isn't that bizarre?

So, when someone near you sneezes (or you sneeze), just think about it. Your heart just stopped right then. And yet you're still alive. What if your heart never started beating again?

You also can't keep your eyes open when you sneeze. Which means, you could very well have a terrible car accident because of a little sneeze.

Sneezing is dangerous.

* * *

Peter Jennings passed away today. He lost his battle with lung cancer.

I really enjoyed Peter Jennings. I've grown up with him delivering the news. It's quite... weird.

No comments: