Tuesday, August 2

Shut up, Already!

MTV... please go back to playing just music videos. Pretty please?

I mean, every once in a while, you have fair to decent show on the air. But look at all the crap you're shoving into impressionable minds?

Date My Mom.
Room Raiders.
My Super Sweet 16.

That last one is horrible. I wish I had never gotten the chance to view that awful show. However, I have a sister who enjoys MTV. Or I live with teenlings who do not function without their daily dose of MTV.

I do not enjoy hearing the screams and cries of spoiled little children that are getting extravagant sixteen birthdays. And I absolutely loved watching the episode where one parent took away bratty child's credit card, only to have the other parent give her another one. Way to be a team, parents!

I don't regularly watch MTV. I don't choose to regularly watch MTV. But when I am living in a one television home where the one television is tuned to MTV... I don't have much of a choice.

So, MTV... please? Shut UP, already!

No comments: