Wednesday, December 30

Best Movies and Television Series of the Decade

As the decade dwindles to a close, there are a lot of "Best of" lists popping up. I set out to create my own "Best of" list. While some of my choices are more frivolous than others, these films are not necessarily films that I watch on a regular basis. These are films that I feel represent the decade or, rather, my experience of the decade.
Now, I tried to pare down my list of movies to ten, but it became difficult. I can rank the first few, but then the rankings blur and I can't decide. Therefore, I have 25 movies on my list:

The Departed
Ocean's 11
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Atonement
Erin Brockovich
Memento
The Last King of Scotland
Brokeback Mountain
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Oh, Brother Where Art Thou?
Fracture
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Crawford
Garden State
Crash
Little Miss Sunshine
Frequency
Lars and the Real Girl
Away We Go
The Life of David Gale
Runaway Jury
Life as a House
Revolutionary Road
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Gone Baby Gone

Making a Top 10 list for television series was a bit easier:
Alias
Gilmore Girls
Scrubs
Boston Legal
Veronica Mars
The Office
Commander-in-Chief
Crossing Jordan
Bones
Jack and Bobby

No comments: