Wednesday, December 30

2009: A Review

What did I do in the year 2009? What did I learn in the year 2009? Let me count:

* I started graduate school, which turned out to be more difficult and stressful than I anticipated. I'm in the "swing of things" now, so it's not as stressful.

* I quit my job to work at a small public library. In doing so, I took a pretty not-so-great cut in pay. However, I must remember that experience will pay off more in the long run.

* Hospitals are not fun to sleep in or stay in for any length of time.

* I enjoy my new job far more than I ever enjoyed my old job.

* Indie films or other films off the beaten path are usually my favorite films! Hooray!

* I became an aunt to a precious little kidling. Baby AC, 7/30/2009!

* Glee has found its way into my life. Snark + Songs = Awesome! Also, Jane Lynch is even more awesome than I thought possible!

* White Christmases are beautiful, but not so great for the driving around.

* I found a new author that I like! And she's got a new book coming out next year. Hooray!

* I went to the beach for the first time. Walked on the beach for the first time! Saw the ocean for the first time! Stood in the ocean for the first time!

* Visited the states of Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida -- four states I've not visited before 2009.

* Discovered a town called Transylvania in Louisiana. Stopped in Transylvania. Did not see Dracula, Edward Cullen, or Bill Compton.

* Became outraged at the idea of mixing/mashing classic literature with weirdness such as sea monsters and zombies. Sense and Sensibility doesn't take place near water. How can there be sea monsters?!?!

* Saw Jason Mraz in April. Always a wonderful experience.

I'm sure that there is more to report, but I can't think of what those are at the moment. I reserve the right to edit this list as necessary.

No comments: