Thursday, December 28

Horrible Songs of 2006

The year is coming to a close. From a music standpoint, I must say "Thank God!" I have heard some of the most horrendous songs this year. In no particular order, here are the worst songs of 2006:

"Promiscuous" & "Say It Right" - Nelly Furtado
Oh, Nelly Furtado, how I used to adore you. I enjoyed your "I'm Like A Bird" song. And I enjoy your duet with Michael Buble. I think that duet is the only thing saving me from writing you off completely. Your new songs are disgusting, for lack of a better word. See, Nelly, I have this little theory: you sold your soul to the Devil. Now that you are soulless, your popularity among the teen set has soared and you're all over the place. But, really, was it worth it, Nelly?

"Wind It Up" - Gwen Stefani (Basically any Gwen Stefani song)
I've continually had problems with Gwen since she set off on her solo career. She has failed to impress me with any of her songs. In fact, I would love her if she'd just shut up forever. Whatever. Anyway, I just have to ask Gwen one question about this song: Are you aware of the fact that you're yodelling? Please do not yodel unless you're a Swiss maiden or a country singer. Otherwise, it's unbecoming and... rude.
Oh, and for the record, all your songs are annoying. Congratulations.

"Smack That" - Akon
Hideous song. The song becomes even more hideous when you find out your best friend's ten-year-old brother sings it on a regular basis, which is something that's very wrong and completely unnerving.
That's what I hate about these crap songs that multiply and show up everywhere -- young kids sing the song and think everything's cool. It's not cool and the kids only think it's cool because the songs are always on the radio.

"Circle Circle Dot Dot" - Jamie Kennedy and Stu Stone
I don't know if this is an actual song or if Jamie Kennedy's attempting to make some sort of statement. Regardless, the song is awful. When I hear the song, I want to do one of two things -- 1) vomit profusely, or 2) make myself permanently deaf so I never have to hear this putrid song ever again. The song is horrible and unnecessary.

All songs from Fergie's "London Bridge" Album
Child, your songs are neither tasty nor delicious no matter how many times you spell it out. We are not ready for your shit and we will never be ready for your shit. Sometimes I have to wonder if you got together with Gwen Stefani and decided to use the word "shit" in every single one of your songs. Do us all a favor and shut your face.

All songs from the Pussycat Dolls
I dislike all of their songs equally. I have nothing good to say about them or their songs. I want them to go away because I'm tired of hearing little girls singing "Buttons." Again, completely unnerving when little tykes go around singing songs that they have no idea what they're about. It's wrong. WRONG!

Other hideous songs that require no explanation:
"It's Goin' Down" - Yung Joc
"Stars Are Blind" - Paris Hilton
All K-Fed songs (whoever told this kid he could rap was on crack)

No comments: