Thursday, October 12

October 12 of 12

So, I decided to participate in the 12 of 12-ness this month. Many moons ago, this guy named Chad thought it would be neat to take 12 pictures of your day on the 12th day of the month and share them with the world. It really is an exceptional idea. I mean, I enjoy getting to peak into other people's lives via 12 pictures once a month. But my pictures are so... boring. Perhaps this is because I'm a poor college student that does nothing but study, but oh well. Here goes nothing.


1. This is my lovely bed that I hate to leave in the morning. But alas, morning came and I had to turn off the ugly, blaring alarm clock and make the bed. Usually, bed-making does not occur until later in the day, but I woke up feeling ambitious.


2. And here I am deciding what books I need for class from my handy dandy bookshelf. There are actually five shelves, but I only took a picture of the bottom three. As you can see there are a lot of books.... and these are all the books for my classes with the exception of two books that were on my desk from last night's studying.


3. This is the dorm, or residence hall, that I have lived in for the past three years. I took this as I was coming back from Brit Lit class.


4. This is my very small refrigerator that has more water than food. I was trying to choose something to eat before work. I ended up eating a sandwich.


5. And it's time to head to work. But first, I must go to the post office. This is a picture of one of the trees I see from the first crosswalk I take to work.


6. This is my cash register at work with all its bright colorful buttons. I work at the convenience store on my campus 4 days a week. I've worked there for the last 5 semesters. This was a particularly slow day.


7. Because it was so slow, I was able to do quite a bit of studying at work. Here, I'm reading some F. Scott Fitzgerald for my Modern American Lit course. Notice the beautiful ring my Mam got me last weekend.


8. After finishing my required reading for Modern American Lit and American Lit to 1865, I started rewriting the History of the English Language notes I took yesterday. And yes, I realize that I am a nerd.


9. Okay, usually, I don't take notice of the trash can/ashtrays on campus, but this one caught my eye. Perhaps it was because there was a little bottle of McCormick's Mint Extract resting among the cigarette butts. What is that about?!?

Also, as I was walking home, this kid was listening to some mp3 player and singing quietly and very squeakily to a hard core rock song. It was hysterical. I would have taken a picture of this kid, but I didn't want him to think I was some sort of crazy taking pictures of strangers and whatnot.


10. The great door to my dorm room! Such a lovely sight to behold at the end of a long day. The "I <3 Jim" and the "tk's workspace" are little shrines to the television show, The Office.


11. Of course, there is the unhappy sight of the "Things Due" list and calendar to greet me once I get that door open.


12. And the unhappy continues with me sitting down to read this horrid book for Young Adult Lit. Blah.

That's my day. The end.

3 comments:

Zippy said...

Nerds unite!! I guess when someone is super desperate they can always swig a little mint extract, get buzzed and still have fresh breath!

Michele

Anonymous said...

I have that orange "History of the English Language" book! I bought it cheap, as I think it was slightly damaged. Not read it, and I've had it ages [doh]

And I used to write up my lecture notes too. In final year though, I think I decided I'd only write up those which were especially messy.

Nice pictures, I'm glad you did it!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Rewriting your class notes? That's intense.

My thought on the mint extract was that someone who doesn't want to get "caught" as a smoker uses a nip or two to freshen the breath... since there's more of a buzz with that than a breath spray or something. ?????? No idea, really. That was just my thought (remembering back to guys who chugged Robotussin at school to get drunk).

Glad you did the 12 of 12. Not at all boring! See you again next month!

-Bon.
http://spynotebook.org/bonnie