Thursday, March 9

Drowned Rat

I woke up to a dreary morning. A dreary, damp morning. However, the fun was just beginning.

Cut to an hour later when I'm trucking it across campus in the pouring rain. This rain is brutal in its attack. My shoes started taking on water, which, of course, meant wet socks. There's nothing worse than wet socks. Then, my jeans began soaking up the rain and soon, from my knees down, my pants are soaked.

The rain is coming in all directions. Despite my umbrella, rain is reaching my face, my hair, my backpack full of precious homework that I worked on late into the night.

Giant puddles have sprung up everywhere. Only a small portion of sidewalk is not underwater. The entire campus became one gigantic muddy pond, with a scattering of buildings, trees, and automobiles sticking up here and there.

It was unnecessary. I mean, I nearly drowned. I was almost swept away into the dirty abyss just outside my classroom window.

It was completely unnecessary.

No comments: