Wednesday, April 25

Okay. I Confess. . .

There's something I must confess. I've been keeping it a secret from much of the world for quite a long time. Frankly, I just can't do it anymore. It's too much work and I'm very tired.

Although, I hesitate to share this confession because I'm sure there will be those that make fun of me. However, I care not. Let them poke fun at me. I'm in love and I can no longer deny it.

I love. . .

The Prince & Me. I abso-freakin-lutely adore it. If it is on television, I have to watch it. If I play my DVD of it once, I have to play it again. I can watch it for a week straight or longer. It's insane how much I love this movie.

I don't understand my fascination with the movie. Is it the Danish prince business? Is it the cute prince played by Luke Mably? Is it the funny lines that are splashed throughout the movie ("Oh, you mean, Prince Ate-My-Triscuits and didn't replace 'em?")? Is it the fabulous Julia Stiles?

I just don't know. I have no clue and it drives me crazy when I try to understand my crazy love for this movie.

Now, they recently made a sequel to The Prince & Me. But it's not as good. One, it doesn't have Julia Stiles. Two, it doesn't have half of the original actors reprising their roles. Three, it doesn't have Julia's fantastic hairstyle, a style that I continuously come back to time and again as a hairstyle for me.

Of course, once I get my haircut like Julia's in the movie, I rarely fix it like it should be fixed. But, really, in my defense, I don't know how they fixed it for the movie. So, how am I possibly to recreate a style when I don't know how it was created in the first place? It's just cute!

So, there. I've said it. I'm in love with a chick flick of a movie. It's probably one of my most watched DVDs. It's only second to The Departed.

Perhaps I shouldn't watch so much television.

2 comments:

Allison said...

It's not television, it's a movie! You are allowed to watch as many movies as you want and watching more than once counts as more than one movie...

That's what Talula says! And one day I shall rule the world and make this a law so... yeah, you're good! lol.

Dogeared said...

I liked this film too - and managed to buy it as part of one of those double-DVD things (along with A Cinderella Story).

I too have trouble pinpointing why I liked it, or rather what made me love it, I should say. But it's just good!

I have a love for "Bring It On", as well! Watched that so many times...