Thursday, January 25

Still Fighting It

I hate waiting.

I'm waiting for a few things to happen right now. Waiting to graduate. Waiting for my trip to Boston. Waiting for this cold to go away. Waiting to see if Emerson will have me. Waiting to be on my own. Waiting to get on with my life. Waiting for all kinds of other stuff to happen. I'm just waiting.

Waiting, waiting, waiting. In a perpetual state of limbo, unsure of the future.
Unsteady. Melancholy. Bored. Tired.

Is this all life is? A gigantic waiting game? It's like we're continually stuck in a large hospital waiting room, just waiting for our number to come up.

Everybody knows
It sucks to grow up
And everybody does.
It's weird to be back here.
Let me tell you what,
The years go on and
We're still fighting it, we're still fighting it
You'll try and try and one day you'll fly
Away from me
-Ben Folds

I can't wait to fly away from all this monotonous waiting.

No comments: