Tuesday, November 14

Things Are Gettin' Ugly

Tom Cruise is getting married this weekend. His last step before he formally tackles world domination. Don't say I didn't warn you.

* * *
I live in a dorm full of idiot children. They have decided to throw a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday night. To advertise this, they've put up a big teal monstrosity with fake, spraypainted leaves that proclaims:
"John Smith
<3's
Pocahontas"

!

That is totally wrong. John Smith did not love Pocahontas. And they weren't involved in the first Thanksgiving. Pocahontas was dead by the first Thansgiving. This stupid sign only further emphasizes the fact that many children learn their "history" from Disney movies. It's tragic and I will not stand for it. I am boycotting Thanksgiving in the dorm setting this year. No Thanksgiving!

* * *
I have a boatload of crap to do in the next month or so. Let's make a list, shall we?

Nov. 17 - American Lit to 1865 exam
Nov. 20 - American Lit to 1865 essay due (800 words)
Nov. 20 - Thesis due for Young Adult Lit research paper
Nov. 22 - GRE at noon!
Nov. 27 - Modern American Lit essay due (500-750 words)
Dec. 02 - British Lit paper due (1800 words)
Dec. 04 - Young Adult research paper due (1800-2000 words)
Dec. 11 - Young Adult Lit final
Dec. 13 - History of the English Language final
Dec. 13 - British Lit final
Jan. 05 - Emerson application due!

Is that not a boatload of stuff? This doesn't take into account all the reading and regular, everyday school work I must do, or all the studying that needs to take place for the GRE.

Blah. Shoot me in the face.

1 comment:

Dogeared said...

Good luck getting everything done!

I wouldn't be too riled about the Pocahontas thing, but that's easier to say due to not celebrating Thanksgiving here- plus, everyone has something dear to them, and so I understand how you feel (even if it wouldn't bother me), because it bugs the crap out of me when people mispronounce Italian words. Or say "pacifically" instead of "specifically". Or misuse apostrophes etc. I imagine the outrage is the same, so I understand!

And again, good luck with all the work! You will definitely deserve a break when you're done!