Thursday, June 1

Quotations for Sale

"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell."
--Edna St. Vincent Millay

"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
--Charlie Brown

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars

"To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else."
--Emily Dickinson

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.

--Dr. Seuss

"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach."
--Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
--Oscar Wilde, De Profundis


Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unravelled from the tumbling main,
And threading the eye of a yellow star: -
So many times do I love again.

--Thomas Lovell Beddoes


"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
--Emily Brontë

"Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us without words?"
--Marcel Marceau

"I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything,
I still believe that people are really good at heart."
--Anne Frank

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
--Robert Frost

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
--Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

"To die will be an awfully big adventure."
--J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

"The Possible's slow fuse is lit
By the Imagination."
--Emily Dickinson

“There is no use in trying,” said Alice;
“one can’t believe impossible things.”
“I dare say you haven’t had much practice,”
said the Queen. “When I was your age,
I always did it for half an hour a day.
Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast."
--Lewis Carroll

"You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
--J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

"I'll tell you how the sun rose -
one ribbon at a time."
--Emily Dickinson

No comments: