Wednesday, February 22

Jesus, Take the Wheel....

A discussion about the slightly addicting Facebook commenced today in Tech Writing. Unfortunately, being the stellar student that I am, I was working and I did not hear all of the discussion. However, I did hear this comment by a fellow who effectively "quit" Facebook:

"I gave my life to Jesus and I got off of there."

Yes, boys and girls, this young fellow left the Facebook life behind in pursuit of, well, a life. He even "deactivated" his account. He deactivated his account. Can you believe it? And in order to have the strength to give up his Facebook addiction, he had to turn to Jesus. He had to be saved from Facebook by Jesus.

He then continued to whisper repeatedly throughout class to the girl ahead of him:

"Get your life back. Get your life back. Get your life back."

(Yes, he whispered it in three's. I don't know why he chose to do that. However, I do know that three is a magic number.)

Anyway, lesson learned:

Apparently, you can't give up Facebook without the help of Jesus.

No comments: