Tuesday, January 24

"You Know What I Mean?"

No. I don't know what you mean. I don't know you at all. And for some reason, I think that I would have to know you somewhat to know what you mean.

And I can tell from the slightly blank look in your eyes that you hardly have a clue what you mean. You're just asking everyone else if they know what you mean as a filler phrase in intelligent conversation.

But if every three words is punctuated with a "You know what I mean?," how intelligent is the brain that is lurking in your skull?

So, no, I don't know what you mean. I do know that you're always talking about things you find intellectually stimulating. This does not mean that the rest of us think in the same manner as you think. I also know that it's only been three classes and already, I want to strangle myself.

"Blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah, blah-blah. Blah blah. Blah-bitty-blah-blah-blah. You know what I mean??"

No comments: