Monday, January 2

New Year Blahs

So, it's official: 2006 has begun. And so far, it sucks just as much as 2005 did.

I guess that's not really a fair judgement. I mean, only two days have passed. There's still another 363 days left for 2006 to redeem itself.

It's probably too early to throw in the towel just yet.

* * *

From what I understand, Paris Hilton is terribly concerned about Nicole Richie's recent weight loss.

To this I say: "Yeah. Right." (Insert large, overlydramatic eyeroll here)

* * *

People drive me crazy.

Wait, let me rephrase: People that leave a path of destruction in their wake drive me crazy. Like, I'm-on-the-ceiling-hanging-upside-down-because-I've-already-climbed-the-walls-crazy.

I do not understand why someone would not pick up after themselves. It's common courtesy.

* * *

I also do not understand why someone insists on watching MTV at every possible chance. On occasion, I do watch MTV. But I don't watch it all the time. It's not the first channel I turn to upon finding the remote.

Shows like Room Raiders and NeXt only encourage the onslaught of talentless singers (MTV wannabes) who embarass everyone in the world with their cringe-worthy performances, full of horrendous lyrics and even more hideous music videos.

* * *

And why does VH1 have 1500 different I Love The ---- shows? There's I Love the 80s, I Love the 80s Strikes Back, I Love the 80s 3D, I Love the 90s, I Love the 90s Part Deux, I Love the 70s, I Love the Holidays . . .

These people love way too much. They don't need to be so "free" with their love. What's next? I Love Animals that Attack? I Love Serial Killers? I Love Fast Food Restaurants? I Love Cheesy Movies?

I should probably stop. I'm giving them ideas.

No comments: