Wednesday, December 29

Resolutions 2010: A Review

End of the year. How did I fare?

1) Read a Tolstory. Preferably Anna Karenina. Preferably cover to cover.
I really tried to do this. I tried on two separate occasions with two different translations and still could not make it a quarter of the way through. The second time I at least made it past 100 pages, but I could not get into it. Usually, if I'm not into the book within the first 100 pages, I let myself give up. Therefore, I gave up.

2) Be more aware of my budgetary constraints.
I did better on this. Made a move to better pay my way in the world and incur the least amount of debt possible. I was amassing a nice fall-back cushion when car woes made me poor in November.

3) Read at least 50 books in the year. I probably read close to that this year (if not more), but I didn't keep track. Therefore:
4) Keep track of the books I read during the year.

Did it! 66 total chapter books! And I kept track, too. Go, me!

5) Being more organized in all aspects of life, not just work and/or school.
Hmm. Not so sure I did as well with this one. Not sure what I meant to accomplish with this goal, either.

6) See more than one live musical performance by a favorite musician. This one will be the most tricky, I'm afraid.
Success!! It took until the end of September, but I saw Jason Mraz when he came to Searcy, AR this year. I wanted to see Dave Barnes and had a close opportunity to do so, but I didn't want to go by myself. Guess I'll just have to take some concert leaps and see some live music solo.

I consider meeting most all my resolutions a success! #1 was an obvious fail and I'm not really sure what #5 was all about, but #2-4 and #6 worked out okay. Might have to make resolutions for 2011.

No comments: