Sunday, April 20

Weddings Give Me Anxiety

Anxiety that manifests itself each night in my dreams

My sister is getting married in September. For the last month, I have had at least one nightmarish dream involving her wedding. For example, in one, it was the night before the wedding and we had nothing ready. All we had was the bride's dress. No decorations, no clothing for the rest of the wedding party, no cake, no venue... It was terrible. All of the dreams involve some sort of aspect about the wedding. A ruined dress, a lost bride, etc.

I think last night's dream takes the cake.

In the dream, it was the night before the wedding. My car was broken for some reason. It just wasn't working. Then, I realized that my bridesmaid dress was at my parents' house and I had no way to get to the dress. I decide that I'm going to walk to their house and get the dress. This is when I discover that I have no shoes whatsoever. No shoes for the wedding, no shoes for anything.

So, I begin my journey barefoot. I get out in the yard and step in some glass. Both of my feet are torn up with glass shards. So, I hobble as gently as possible back into the house. As I get into the living room, I see an alligator hiding beneath the couch. I walk past the couch and he flips the couch over with his tail and begins to come after me!

Because of all the glass in my feet, I'm unable to properly get away. Instead, I climb in the nearest kitchen cabinet and pray that the alligator cannot get me as I pull glass out of my feet while sitting in complete darkness.

I have NO idea where this dream came from or how it came to be. My only guess is that I had milk and cookies before bed and they contributed to the cracked out, craziness of the dream.

Anyhow, weddings give me anxiety. I don't know if I'll last until the wedding.

1 comment:

techiegurl said...

this is like Lord of the Rings meets Sister of the Bride :blink:

oy!!