Tuesday, February 27

Ridiculousness of Unexplainable Varieties

In Sunday's paper, I found a wonderful coupon ($4.00) for Claritin-D. Since that seems to be the only thing that helps my allergies anymore, I clipped that sucker out and pocketed it for my next Walmart trip.

Fast forward to today and anticipated Walmart trip. I decide to spring for the more expensive 20 pack of Claritin-D since I have a wonderful coupon. I wait fairly patiently in line until my turn. Then, I step up to the counter, hand over my coupon, driver's license, and card detailing what medicine I want and wait some more. The lady pulls the Claritin-D off some shelf of medications they try to keep out of the hands of crazy meth addicts and begins to ring it up. She looks at my driver's license and realizes that it is out of state.

Earlier in the semester, they just typed in my driver's license number and I was able to get whatever medicine I needed. But not today.

Today, I am informed that because my driver's license doesn't have the compatible or proper bar code, I can't have the Claritin-D. They can't type in my information anymore. I am just screwed. I have to remain miserable and attempt to use inferior medications that lack proper ingredients.

So, basically, I'm being penalized for going to an out-of-state school. Isn't that ridiculous?

And speaking of school, I learned today that the graduate school I applied to had 185 applicants last year. Out of this amount, only 52 got in! That's 28%! There's no way I'm getting into that school, especially when I've spent my undergraduate years at a university that no one has ever heard of. And by some crazy chance I do get in, it will be an act of God. Then, I'll be obligated to go to Boston and attend school whether I really want to or not because obviously, God wants me there (hello! Act of God!). If I get in and decide not to go, I would basically be spitting in God's eye. And because God doesn't take too kindly to people spitting in His eye, He will smite me at His earliest convenience.

Oy vey.

No comments: