Monday, January 17

The Last of the First

Tomorrow is my last first day of school. Or last first day of classes. If I go by first days of school categorized by a full year of school, I've had 19 first days. If I count individual semesters in college in addition to years of elementary, middle, and high school, I've had 13 years of primary education coupled with 13 semesters of secondary education, for a total of 26 first days.

Should I have a count of the number of first days I've had? Probably not.

Four years ago, I was starting my last semester of undergrad. Most students would have thought they would be experiencing their last first day of school after an undergrad degree. But I knew then I would get an advanced degree of some kind.

But I don't think I'll go back to school again. I don't think I will get a more advanced degree than this. So, this is it.

And it's weird.

No comments: