Monday, July 21

You just proved ads work!

No, Mr. Sign. No, I did not just prove that advertisements work. Just because I glanced over to the side of the road and saw your big, obnoxious face leering at me does not mean that I proved anything. I didn't feel obligated to call your little 1-800 number. All I feel obligated to do is kick your in your stupid, plastic bench face.

And further more, I resent the fact that you assume that I proved that roadside advertisements like yourself work. You're only successful if you get someone to act on the advertisement, such as buying the product or calling the number. I have never called your slimy number nor do I plan to do so in the future. Therefore, it is presumptuous to say that signs work when, in fact, you do not know for certain that the sign had its intended effect.

So, please Mr. Sign. Take your lying and accusations away from here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In writing this, you did act on the ad. Maybe not in the intended way, but you still just proved that those ads work.